75 Grand Army Highway (Route 6) Swansea , MA 02777 • MA Line: (508) 678-3901 • RI Line: (401) 861-2780 • email@example.com
Planning a corporate event can be very time consuming and overwhelming if you don’t know how to get organized. The very best tip that you can ever learn about how to plan a conference, dinner or other type of corporate gathering is to learn how to create effective checklists that will help you stay on top of all the arrangements. From renting meeting and event space in Swansea, MA at the beautiful and luxurious Venus de Milo to selecting the food, decorations and schedule for the event, there’s a lot that needs to be done.
Choose Your Method
Staying organized has more to do with the person who is doing the organizing than anything else. What works best for you? Are you someone who enjoys writing things out and being able to cross them out or check them off when they are done? Or do you prefer to use technology, such as a smartphone or tablet app to help you stay in control? Whatever method you use, make sure to create checklists that will encompass everything from details about the Southeastern Massachusetts event venue to live entertainment options and everything in between.
Keep copies of emails and other correspondence with vendors, including the Venus de Milo conference center in Southeastern New England where you will be hosting the event. Hang on to any contracts that you signed or quotes that you have received throughout the entire planning process and keep everything together in one place so it can be easily located if needed. Consider using a folder or binder to keep all the printed items together in addition to your notes, lists and schedules that you keep on your mobile device.
What You Should Plan
Before you start making checklists, it’s important to really think about what you need to accomplish and the time in which you have to do it. Whether you are hosting banquets and restaurant based gatherings or professional meetings and seminars, it is crucial that you identify what will be needed to achieve your goals from the very beginning.
Some of the things you need to consider include:
- A list of possible dates for the event – have at least two to three in case your first choice is not available. Make sure to reserve your date at Venus de Milo as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Who you will want to invite – even though this is a corporate event, you might not want to invite the entire office or leave the gathering at the Southeastern Massachusetts event venue open up to the entire local industry.
- Create a preliminary schedule for everything that you want to take place at the meeting and event space in Swansea, MA to figure out how much time you will need to rent the space for on the day of the meeting or gathering.
- Meet with potential vendors to find out about pricing, availability and anything that you would need to do in advance to ensure that they showed up at the conference center in Southeastern New England on time. Work with the location to find out about any vendor restrictions.
Start Making Checklists
Once you have everything nailed down with regard to the date and the location for your corporate event, it’s time to start making checklists so you can stay on top of everything as it start to all come together. Create a checklist for every aspect of the event and keep everything in one place, as much as you can, so you won’t overlook something important.
Create checklists to help keep track of the following information:
- Deadlines for things like signing contracts, placing deposits, making installments, booking rooms, setting up guest speakers, purchasing awards or anything else relating to your own unique corporate event.
- Decorative items that you will need at the Southeastern Massachusetts event venue. If your corporate event will have a theme or if you need signage to ensure that your guests get from the entrance to the right room, order it ahead of time. Work with the venue to find out what type of decorations are allowed or suggested.
- Food and beverage lists are important. Working with the meeting and event space in Swansea, MA at the world famous Venus de Milo restaurant makes it easy because everything you need will be there on-site. Figure out what you want and then work with the on-site event planner to help get everything together.
- Specialty items, such as a cake, live entertainment, presentations or other related activities within the corporate event, should also get their own checklist and be kept track of during the planning stage of the gathering.
- Figure out when is the best time to send out invites to the event and whether or not you want the gathering at the conference center in New England to be covered by the local press. Notify press agents if you want the event showcased or if you want to be interviewed about what is happening.
- Create a budget as early on as possible and stick with it. You can get an all-in-one package estimate from Venus de Milo for use of their Southeastern Massachusetts event venue. This will help you to stay on track and not over-spend on things like rentals, catering, beverages and on-site staff services.
Reserve Your Date at Venus de Milo
Contact our event coordinator to find out about reserving meeting and event space in Swansea, MA at our location. You can call the Massachusetts line at 508-678-3901 or the Rhode Island line at 401-861-2780. Our team can provide you with a complete estimate for the use of our space, catering and other services. Call and reserve your spot at the Venus de Milo today!