75 Grand Army Highway (Route 6) Swansea , MA 02777 • MA Line: (508) 678-3901 • RI Line: (401) 861-2780 • email@example.com
One of the best ways to raise money for a non-profit is to host a charity event. It is a win-win for everyone involved. Those who come out to support the cause get to participate, learn more about the charity, and maybe even get to feel a bit more involved than just donating online. Those who run the charity get the opportunity to meet supporters, rally for volunteers, and spread the word about their cause. Start by securing a Southeastern Massachusetts event venue that will attract a good crowd. You might want to bring your Seekonk charity fundraiser to a banquet hall in Swansea, MA, such as the world-famous Venus de Milo. Not only is it well-known my locals, but it also has a solid reputation for putting on memorable corporate, social, and community events.
Touring the Banquet Facility
Schedule a tour of Venus de Milo and work closely with the on-site event coordinator to make sure that the banquet facility will have enough space for you and all your guests. You might not know initially how many people will participate, but make sure to express the purpose of the event and the goals for using the venue to the staff. They can help make suggestions for space and reservations that will help you to maximize your fundraising. Make sure to ask about decorations, space for the specific type of fundraiser that you want to do, and ask about extra services that might be available at the Southeastern Massachusetts event venue for your Seekonk charity fundraiser.
Five Types of Fundraising Events
There are a lot of great ideas out there that you can use for your charity event at the banquet hall in Swansea, MA. Choosing the event that best matches the cause and your supporters’ interests is key to your success. Here are some ideas of typical fundraisers that have been successful in the area that you might want to consider:
- Video Game Competition – Host a gaming night that invites people to sign-up, play games for a specified period of time, get donations or sponsorships for the length of play, or even have team contests with prizes to encourage participation. Have participants play the games on big screens at the banquet facility so that it will be as much fun for the spectators as for the players. Multiple games going on throughout the space at the same time will keep the excitement and donations rolling in all day.
- Music/Concert Event – Depending on your charity organization, you might have contacts with a well-known act who would consider playing for free to help raise funds for your charity. Otherwise, scout out local artists who may want to donate their time and talents. Sell tickets to the event, but also invite people to donate to your cause even if they cannot attend the live music event. As the banquet hall in Swansea, MA for options to hold either an indoor or outdoor concert event.
- Silent Auction – You can incorporate a silent auction into just about any type of charity event or use it as a stand-alone event. Encourage supporters to donate items to be auctioned off at the event. Great ideas include handmade gift baskets filled with all sorts of goodies, theme baskets, substantial gift cards, travel-related gifts, and spa treatments. Ask the Southeastern Massachusetts event venue about any audio-visual equipment that you might need, such as microphones for making announcements.
- Raffle/Drawing Event – Again, this type of fundraiser can be offered alongside other charity events or as a stand-alone event. Sell raffle tickets depending on the amount of money that you want to raise and get donations from supporters for a couple of exciting large-value items to raffle away. Choose the prizes according to your typical supporters and others who would have an interest in helping your cause.
- Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Social – This is a great way to get the community involved in your event and get the word out about your cause. See about getting donations for the ice cream, the cups, the spoons, and all other supplies. Coordinate this with the Southeastern Massachusetts event venue to make sure it doesn’t violate any health code requirements for a banquet facility. If it does, consider the cost for getting desserts through the banquet hall in Swansea, MA and serve a variety of sweet treats that people can buy during the event. Incorporate some local entertainment or music into the event, along with face-painting and other family-friendly features to boost your donations.
Getting the Word Out
It is important to start putting out flyers, posting notices, taking out ads, and finding other free or low-cost means of spreading the word about your charity event. Consider asking for donations from your regular supporters to cover the initial costs of marketing the event to help increase donations and participation from the community. Sometimes, all it takes is one very well executed fundraiser to get the ball rolling and find a lot of community support that you didn’t realize was there. Call Venus de Milo at 508-678-3901 to schedule a tour of our banquet facility for your Seekonk charity fundraiser. We can answer any questions that you might have about our venue and provide you with solutions to help you plan your event.