75 Grand Army Highway (Route 6) Swansea , MA 02777 • MA Line: (508) 678-3901 • RI Line: (401) 861-2780 • firstname.lastname@example.org
The sheer volume of things that you have to do when planning for a wedding ceremony and wedding reception in Swansea, MA is so much more than anyone realizes until they are smack dab in the middle of it. It’s no wonder so many couples opt to hire a wedding planner, because it takes one just to stay on top of all the vendors, venues and related situation. It’s enough to just make a bride and groom consider eloping. However, once you nail down the venue, the wedding and banquet facility where the reception will be held, everything else will just sort of fall into place.
What Do YOU Want?
This is a question that you will be asked over and over again between now and the moment that you say, “I do.” Unfortunately, nobody really seems to be listening to you when you tell them about the basic plans that you have for your special day. If you want to host your wedding reception at one of the top, award winning restaurants in New England, you should go ahead and do it. Venus de Milo, of “The Venus”, as it is affectionately called by the locals, is one of the premiere locations in Swansea, MA event planning because it has all of the features and amenities that most couples are looking for in a venue.
Top reasons why couples say they chose their desired wedding venue include:
- wanted a gourmet restaurant experience for their guests
- looked for a location that was classy, yet cozy and intimate for family and friends
- sought out an iconic New England venue that was well-known
- needed space enough to hold all of their guests comfortably in a banquet style or reception arrangement
- wanted the option of doing an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception on-site
- needed on-site bridal rooms and good-sized ballrooms for all planned activities
- looked for a venue that would allow for total customization of plans
If service, location and the food are priorities for your upcoming wedding reception, you will definitely want to consider hosting your event at the wedding and banquet facility of the world-famous Venus de Milo. Make sure to speak with the on-site event coordinator to find out about any included options and amenities, such as linens, tables and chairs. When hosting your wedding and reception at a restaurant, those items are usually already there and part of the decor, so that could amount to a big savings right there. However, because each venue is different, make sure to specifically ask about those options at each location that you are considering for your special day.
Tips for Hosting a Reception at Award Winning Restaurants
There are many advantages to choosing to host your wedding reception in Swansea, MA at one of New England’s award winning restaurants. Just make sure that you take care of all the details regarding the use of the wedding and banquet facility early on to ensure that you are able to get the space on your desired date. Speak with the on-site Swansea, MA event planning coordinator to find out about any requirements for outside vendors or if they have a preferred vendors list that they require you to work from for other reception options.
Some other things that you will want to consider for a restaurant reception include:
- check and re-check your guest list to ensure that there is enough room at the venue to accommodate your entire party
- try booking the venue at least six months in advance, perhaps longer, as many popular wedding and banquet facility locations are booked a year in advance
- choose a theme for your wedding reception in Swansea, MA and speak with the on-site event coordinator to find out if it would work with the existing decor
- select unique and interesting menu choices for your guests that really show off the award winning restaurant’s reputation for creating top quality food
- don’t forget to ask if the venue is family friendly and, if it is, make sure to ask about child menu options for guests that will be bringing children
Ask about the decorations, whether you are allowed to bring in flowers, centerpieces and other items for the wedding reception. Ask about having a live band or local DJ to provide music and entertainment for the reception and whether or not any audio visual equipment is included in the rental of the space. Share information with the on-site coordinator at the wedding and banquet facility about your budget so they are aware of any restrictions or so that they can suggest alternative options to more costly choices.
Contact Venus de Milo for Your Wedding Reception
If you are planning a wedding ceremony and wedding reception in Swansea, MA or anywhere in the surrounding South Coast region, consider Venus de Milo for your special day. We work with each client as an individual to provide them with a truly custom plan for their wedding reception that will create a memorable experience for everyone involved. Give us a call at 508-678-3901 in Massachusetts or in Rhode Island call us at 401-861-2780 to find out more about our wedding and banquet facility or to speak with our on-site Swansea, MA event planning coordinator who can help you plan a day to remember.