75 Grand Army Highway (Route 6) Swansea , MA 02777 • MA Line: (508) 678-3901 • RI Line: (401) 861-2780 • firstname.lastname@example.org
It can be difficult to find a good South Coast event venue that seems to fit the bill for a baby shower. Most of the places that you find online seem to cater more to bridal showers, weddings and wedding receptions, so it is important to keep looking and find a restaurant or banquet hall in Swansea, MA that hosts a wide variety of events. The social event coordinators at Venus de Milo can help you with all of your on-site Swansea, MA event planning for your special celebration at our award-winning location.
Our facility is set to handle small, medium and large sized events, so we can easily accommodate you, your friends, close family and all those distant aunts and cousins who want to come and wish you well. We can even make room if you want to have a family affair and invite all the menfolk, an option that many couples are embracing because it gets everyone involved in welcoming the new baby into the world.
Advantages of Hosting at a Restaurant
One of the biggest benefits of choosing to host your baby shower at a South Coast event venue that is also a restaurant, like Venus de Milo, is that you can have the staff cook and serve all of the food for your party. They will also take care of all the clean up, which allows you to more fully enjoy the party and spend time talking with guests – and enjoying all that amazing food. Also, unlike other restaurants in the Southeastern Massachusetts area, The Venus is also a banquet and event center, so we are able to accommodate much larger parties than other venues.
Make sure to speak with the social event coordinators at the banquet hall in Swansea, MA to find out about decorations and other things that you want to do during the party. Tables, chairs and linens are usually included when space is rented for parties, so find out what is already there and what you will need to get and bring in order to throw a beautiful party. Ask about brunches, luncheons, mid-day and dinner events if the time or date that you ask for is not available. It might just be a question of scheduling to ensure that you get the day you desire.
What You Need to Do
Like any other type of party, hosting a baby shower requires quite a bit of planning to fit everything in that you want to include in the celebration. Below is a short list of some of the basic things you will need to do in order to host a fun party for your friends at a South Coast event venue.
- Create a Guest List – The cost for renting space at the banquet hall in Swansea, MA is based on the number of attendees. Create a guest list and try to determine how much space you will need.
- Reserve the Space – Once you have a ballpark of the number of guests you will be inviting, you can reserve the space. Try to do this as far in advance as possible to ensure you get the date you desire. Speak with social event coordinators at the venue to find out what dates are open.
- Send Invitations – Now that the date is set you can send out official invitations for the party at the South Coast event venue. Make sure to include the date, time and any special instructions, such as bringing a pack of diapers for a door prize, whether or not entire families are invited or just the women, etc. Include the name of the venue, as well as directions and a map to ensure everyone gets there on time.
- Choose the Menu – Ideally, you would be able to pick out some of the expecting mother’s favorite foods. Go over menu ideas with her to make sure you don’t choose something she is allergic to or has developed a dislike for during the pregnancy. Sometimes certain smells and textures can cause a truly negative reaction.
- Order the Cake – A baby shower cake is definitely something that you should purchase. If the couple has not announced the gender of the baby, keep the theme neutral with baby animals and colors like yellow and green instead of pink and blue. Consider a specialty cake from a wedding cake bakery for something elegant and memorable.
- Decorations – Once you finish working with the Swansea, MA event planning director, you can go ahead and get all of the decorations you want. Make sure to ask about setup and when you can come in ahead of time to decorate for the party.
- Party Games – It just wouldn’t be a baby shower without all those fun party games, like guess the gender, guess the due date, estimate the size of mom’s belly, etc. Just try to keep it classy and steer from some of the more risque games that are out there today. Traditional baby shower games are always best. Make sure to have door prizes ready for the winners.
- Favors – Consider providing favors for each of the guests that attend the baby shower. Search online for cute ideas that match with the theme of the party that you can put together and bring to the event.
Contact Venus de Milo for Your Special Party
If you are looking for a great South Coast event venue or banquet hall in Swansea, MA to host your baby shower, bridal shower, wedding reception, birthday party, family reunion or other special event, look no further than Venus de Milo. Contact our social event coordinators by calling 508-678-3901 for information on availability or to schedule a tour of our facility.