75 Grand Army Highway (Route 6) Swansea , MA 02777 • MA Line: (508) 678-3901 • RI Line: (401) 861-2780 • email@example.com
For most couples, the ceremony is the most important part of their wedding day. Unfortunately, making plans for the wedding reception is usually ranked as the most stressful part of planning for a wedding. From choosing the best South Coast reception hall to plotting out the menu, ordering the cake, hiring the DJ and finalizing all of the other details, the whole thing can get out of hand quickly if there isn’t some organization and control. Once you have decided on the venue where you will host your wedding reception in Swansea, MA, the rest should be much easier to plan. Secure the date as soon as possible to make sure you get the MA wedding and banquet facility you want most for your special day.
Think Like a Wedding Planner
Even if you can’t afford to hire a professional wedding planner, it is important to learn how to think like one. In fact, if you can step back and look at the entire event as just a simple business transaction and not get too emotionally invested, chances are you will reduce your stress greatly just by changing your perspective and attitude. Get a calendar and a binder. Make notes about every conversation you have with the reception hall and all other vendors from the cake baker to the restaurant where you will be hosting your celebration to make sure there aren’t any misunderstandings.
Use the binder to keep copies of contracts, messages from vendors, brochures that you collect and notes that you have made when out doing tastings or checking out flowers at local florist shops. Keep absolutely everything including receipts, letters, printed emails and literature that you pick up at local wedding shows. Keep a color swatch of your wedding colors handy for matching and bring that binder with you everywhere. Even in this age of iPads and smartphones, it is important to have a folder that you can use to keep track of everything you are planning for the MA wedding and banquet facility reception.
Plan for Decorations
Make sure to contact the South Coast reception hall and set up an appointment to do a walk-through of the venue well in advance of your wedding reception in Swansea, MA. You will want to take stock of everything that is available, the look and feel of the venue and see how much space needs to be decorated in the elegant ballroom spaces. Make sure to play up what is already there, after all you chose that location because of the way it looked, so try to work with the existing decor. Ask about included decorative items, such as linens, centerpieces and anything else that can be added.
Consider planning on decorations for the MA wedding and banquet facility that include:
- front door – decorations for the entryway in wedding colors or seasonal theme
- guest tables – centerpieces, tablecloths, napkins and other linens
- bridal party table – special flowers and decorations, set low enough for everyone to have a good view of the bride, groom, bridesmaids and groomsmen
- cake table – consider seasonal flowers or decorations in the wedding colors
- gift table – again, decorate with elements that complement the overall theme
- guest book table – include decorative pieces that are similar to the centerpieces on the guest tables to tie everything all together
- mood lighting – ask about dance floor lighting, ambient lighting and other options
- dessert table – consider adding a dessert table in addition to the wedding cake
Plan for Changes
The biggest stressor for couples who are planning a wedding reception in Swansea, MA is when things don’t go as planned. Make sure to have contracts with every vendor you are working with from the photographer to the DJ to the MA wedding and banquet facility. If something is not as you agreed, try to solve it as soon as possible. However, make sure to have a backup in place just in case something important goes wrong.
Some of the backup options to consider for wedding reception in Swansea, MA include:
- digital music – have a good selection of wedding dance music on your mp3 player and ask the South Coast reception hall about audio equipment just in case the DJ or live band doesn’t show up on time
- sheet cake – consider having backup sheet cake in your wedding colors that can be sliced and served in case something happens to the official wedding cake
- extra shoes – one of the things that brides say they wish they would have done is to bring an extra pair of heels and a comfortable pair of shoes with them for pictures and dancing at the reception
- ceremony location – if you are planning on doing the ceremony outdoors, make sure to have a backup ceremony location, such as the elegant ballroom spaces where you will be hosting your wedding reception
Reserve Space at The Venus
One of the most beautiful and elegant locations in Southeastern Massachusetts to host a wedding reception at is the Venus de Milo, located in Swansea, MA. Speak with our on-site event planner to go over plans for your wedding reception at our well-appointed MA wedding and banquet facility. Call today at 508-678-3901 to get a FREE estimate on any of our elegant ballroom spaces for your special day or to request a tour of our facility.